Episode 1 of The Disruptive Future Podcast by Ron McDaniel
Jon Wuebben -The Future Trends in Marketing, Work and Life
Bio: Jon Wuebben is the CEO of Content Launch, the first complete content marketing platform built for digital marketing agencies & SMBs. Jon has provided content strategy consultation for Konica Minolta, Intuit, Kimberly Clark and dozens of marketing agencies. He is the author of 3 books, including Content is Currency: Developing Powerful Content for Web & Mobile, and is a recognized expert on the topics of content marketing, content strategy and marketing technology. Jon’s new book, Future Marketing, combines topics of future trends and marketing trends and how they will impact consumers and companies in the future.
I really enjoyed this conversation with Jon. We cover marketing as well as future trends in technology, government, education, jobs and income as well as things to keep an eye on as they emerge in the market place. I hope you enjoy this podcast as much as I enjoyed recording it. – Ron McDaniel
Podcast Removed / Discontinued
Selected Links from Episode
- Connect with Jon: Facebook * Twitter * LinkedIn
- Future Marketing – Winning in the Prosumer Age
- Content Launch
- Abundance: The Future is Better Than You Think
- Minority Report
- The Third Wave
- Augmented Reality
- Virtual Realtiy
- The Singularity is Near
- Universal Basic Income
- Happiest Countries
- Oculus Rift
People Mentioned In Episode
- Peter Diamandis
- Stephen Spielberg
- Alvin Toffler
- Ray Kurzweil
- Thomas Frey
- Ayn Rand
- Bernie Sanders
- Donald Trump
- Tim Ferris
- Elon Musk
- Dr. Michio Kaku
- Dr. James Canton
Show Notes from Episode
- I read your book – so much good info on future trends. How far back does that interest go and how did you get from there to here?
- Why was it time to write this book?
- I think there is a blind spot when you look at the future for your own profession, especially if you are very good at it. Did you have trouble merging marketing with the future trends topic?
- You own a software product for marketing – what does it do and how do you see it evolving in the future?
- Tell me how you see the world in 50 years.
- What shocking things will happen within 5 years?
- What are your thoughts on Universal Basic Income?
- What do you think about Virtual Reality (VR)?
- How do you think education will change in the next 10 years?
- How do you see the role of government changing as technology creates a more abundant?
Lighting Round Questions
- What is the best book for someone interested in how things are going to change in the near future if they are just getting started?
- Give me one outlandish prediction for the next 5 years.
- What is your favorite source of future trend information?
- Who do you admire the most in the future space currently and why?
- What is your favorite recent innovative product you have bought and why?
- What is one thing someone can do right now to better prepare for the future changes coming our way.
- How do people find out more about you and your books?